The SPIDER and EO4GEO projects invite you this Thursday 20 January 2022, 14:00 – 16:30 to the Online Workshop – “Building SDI Education Curricula fit for the Future”.
Save the date: Thursday 20 January 2022, 14:00 – 16:30
The workshop will showcase two initiatives on supporting the design of education curricula dealing with Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) and related topics:
- The Open SDI Curriculum Toolkit developed by the SPIDER project aims to support trainers, teachers and students in developing and implementing curricula on SDI and/or open data in which learning outcomes, teaching and learning activities and assessment methods are fully aligned. The Toolkit provides an easy-to-use overview of well-developed learning outcomes and effective teaching and assessment methods for all core concepts of open SDIs.
- The Curriculum Design Tool (CDT) developed by the EO4GEO project allows users to create, edit and find educational offers in the field of Earth Observation and Geographic Information. The modularity of the tool allows to create educational offers at different levels of granularity, from an entire study program to a single lecture or lesson.
During the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to explore and test both tools, which are built around the core topics to be covered in current and future SDI Education. The identification and definition of these core concepts is strongly related to the ongoing development of a Body of Knowledge for the space/geospatial sector. During the workshop, ideas on and proposals for new concepts and associated learning outcomes will be presented to and reviewed by the participants.
Agenda of the workshop:
- 14:00 – 14:10 Welcome and introduction (Ali Mansourian – Lund University)
- 14:10 – 14:30 Introducing the SPIDER Open SDI Curriculum Toolkit (Carsten Keßler – Bochum University of Applied Sciences)
- 14:30 – 14:50 EO4GEO: Introduction of the EO/GI Body of Knowledge & Demonstration of the Curriculum Design Tool (Marc Olijslagers – KU Leuven & Sven Casteleyn – Universitat Jaume I)
- 14:50 – 15:20 Interactive session 1
- 15:20 – 15:30 Break
- 15:30 – 15:45 New and emerging topics in the SDI domain (Glenn Vancauwenberghe – KU Leuven)
- 14:45 – 16:15 Interactive session 2
- 16:15 – 16:30 Summary and next steps
Participation in this online workshop is free of charge and open to anyone interested in SDI-education.
Registration for the workshop can be done by clicking the button below (registered participants will receive more information on how to access the event).
The workshop is organized within the framework of two Erasmus+ projects in the geospatial domain.
▪ SPIDER – Open Spatial Data Infrastructure Education Network (https://sdispider.eu)
▪ EO4GEO – Towards an innovative strategy for skills development and capacity building in the space geo-information sector
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep yourself updated, receive EO4GEO Alliance news and info on new opportunities.
Join the EO4GEO Alliance
Be part of the EO4GEO Alliance and let’s discuss and work together on the supply and demand of skills in the EO/GIS sector. Stakeholders in the EO, GIS and Skills sectors are more than welcome!
Join a Network pooling together expertise from academia, VET providers, company, public institutions, research centres and sectoral associations with the common goal of fostering skills development in the space and geoinformation downstream sector.