A new Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) based on Copernicus programme and EO4GEO tools
An EO4GEO Webinar | April 28th. 2021 at 10:00 AM
his webinar has the overall objective to promote the new opportunities offered by the Copernicus Programme in dealing with the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
The webinar is addressed to farmers, farmers’ organizations and citizens interested in the development of possible future workforce in this sector and in general in Earth Observation/Geospatial applications.
The EU Commission has indeed encouraged Member States for the use of Earth Observation (EO) technologies, especially for monitoring in a continuous way the correct payment of all declared areas for aid.
This initiative arises in the context of the EO4GEO project. Participants will be addressed on how to use EO*GI in the agricultural domain, exploiting the opportunity to access to free training data.
Topics covered by the webinar
- The Copernicus programme support for the new “Check by Monitoring” application on the EU territory.
- Overview of the EUCAP regulations vs the technical evolution used.
- Brief description of the EO data/products used for the PAC analysis (Sentinel, Landsat, Spot, high resolution satellite, airborne photos, Vector data, cadastre, etc. …).
- The Integrated Control System at sampling level and the new Checks by Monitoring through Copernicus data.
- Agro-environmental elements for a sustainable agriculture and climate changes limitations.
- The regional Rural Development measures.
- Point of strength/weakness and perspectives of technical jobs in this sector.
Webinar learning outcomes
- Understand the importance of the CAP in Europe.
- Identify EO data/products supporting the CAP.
- Understand how to interpret and integrate EO time series.
- Understand how to derive agro-parcel layers by EO data.
- Recognize EO necessity for a sustainable agriculture and climate changes limitation actions.
- Become aware of the possibilities offered by the correct use of EO data through spatial and temporal resolutions.
The Webinar is organized by EO4GEO in cooperation with e-GEOS SpA, the Italian Association of Remote Sensing (AIT), the Institute for Electromagnetic Sensing of the Environment (CNR-IREA), EIT-Climate KIC, Epsilon Italia (EPSIT), Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale (ISPRA) and under the auspicious of the Copernicus Programme.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep yourself updated, receive EO4GEO Alliance news and info on new opportunities.
Join the EO4GEO Alliance
Be part of the EO4GEO Alliance and let’s discuss and work together on the supply and demand of skills in the EO/GIS sector. Stakeholders in the EO, GIS and Skills sectors are more than welcome!
Join a Network pooling together expertise from academia, VET providers, company, public institutions, research centres and sectoral associations with the common goal of fostering skills development in the space and geoinformation downstream sector.