Description of the host organization (provide also web address)
IBISA (Inclusive Blockchain Insurance using Space Assets) enables the new generation of insurance for agriculture. IBISA is a Platform as a Service for mutual and insurers built to solve the un-insurability of smallholder farmers. We leverage technology satellite Earth Observation data and blockchain technology to build innovative and commercially viable protection products together with our local partners.
IBISA loss assessment component combines index-based triggers and ‘wisdom of the crowd’ that aggregates many individual assessments from different people.
The theory behind is that errors in individual assessments caused by partial information or bias tend to be cancelled. The addition of the Crowd Assessment improves results and help reducing basis risks.
Duration in months and preferred period:
2 to 4 months at any point in time
Commitment (working time):
2 days per week, 8 hours per day (flexible allocation) 16 hours per week
Description of the work programme / tasks during the internship:
Participate to IBISA Earth Observation analysis
You will assist in doing EO statistical and mathematical analysis and prototyping EO derived algorithms.
You will support IBISA development team in specifying and testing algorithms.
The topics of analysis cover:
Vegetation and moisture index analysis (probability distribution, optimised computation), automatic agricultural damage assessment and new index assessment and implementation.
You will also assist on Wisdom of the Crowd reputation model design and also on risk modelling, mainly by deploying Monte Carlo simulations.
Required profile and pre-requisites (if any):
- Programming general knowledge is a must
- Good knowledge of R or python software is a must
- Google Earth Engine or SentinelHub knowledge is a bonus
- Work autonomously is a must
What we can offer more (why you should choose us):
- An interesting position in a growing and dynamic start-up on the field of Earth Observation, parametric modelling and Blockchain
- Approach on the edge technologies like blockchain
- Approach insurance sector with important career opportunities
- Exposure to a large national and international network;
- Flexible working
- Working with the European Space Agency
- Working to make the world a better place
Possible compensation (financial or in kind, i.e. accommodation, canteen, transportation,…):
Depending on candidate profile and experience a compensation can be proposed.
Years of Experience required:
Additional Information (please, note before applying)
Location: virtually with potential physical workshops in Luxembourg
Send to email@example.com your CV and motivational cover letter and tell us why you would like to join us 🙂