Description of the host organization (provide also web address)
We simplify the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand better the world and enable people to act in an aware and timely manner to live better and preserve the Earth.
Planetek Italia operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, including defense and security as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for Earth observation with satellite, aircraft and drone data. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE as well as solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service.
Our focus on innovation has recently generated Rheticus®, a cloud platform designed to provide accurate data and real-time information about our changing world for the public and private sectors working to preserve our planet and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of service has led to a decisive transformation of the business model in geo-information services and today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia’s skills and ability in producing high value-added services.
Description of the work programme / tasks during the internship:
- Contribute to design innovative services focused on end user requirements on the selected field creating optimal service experiences
- Analysis of all the related actors, their interactions, and supporting materials and infrastructures
- Design service scenarios and development of service prototypes
- Prepare and deliver documentation (if needed)
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders and partners to ensure projects activities.
Required profile and pre-requisites:
As GEOSERVICES INTERN your mission will be the design of innovative applications and services to support geospatial/remote sensing projects which require the understanding and elaboration of remote sensing data by sing EO/GIS software or developing ad-hoc tools. Our main fields of interest are the coastal zone environment, the smart cities and the marine resources.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and a high demanding schedule. In return, you will be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to your professional growth.
- understanding of GIS and EO concepts, such as projections, data management, formats and metadata;
- knowledge of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analyzing geospatial datasets, in particular satellite derived imagery;
- experience with EO / GIS software applications, such as ERDAS Imagine, QGIS and ArcGIS;
- scripting programs and spatial libraries, in particular, but not limited to Python and R;
- capability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team and to make a contribution into applied techniques and processes;
- an essential condition is also the mastery of English.
- having graduated less than 12 months ago.
What we can offer more (why you should choose us):
At Planetek Italia results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to cooperate with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward you professionalism.
Your internship will be located in Bari, Italy.
Mastery of English.
Additional Information (please, note before applying)
N.B.: Here you can specify if you could be interested also in blended mobility, in case the candidate has no financial possibility to stay far from home for a long time (not applicable for internship in the same city / geographical area)
Send to email@example.com your CV and motivational cover letter and tell us why you would like to join us 🙂